Vital Buf is a specialised feed additive that offers an effective means of buffering ruminant rations. It can be included in TMR’s, top dressed onto forages or straights as part of a midday feed, or included in compound feeds, blends and meals.
Rations for highly productive ruminant livestock and the way in which they are fed can often lead to wide variations in the acid base balance of the rumen. These negative changes in rumen status can lead to sub-optimal rumen function, reduced animal performance (milk yield, milk quality and growth) and reduced health (acidosis, lameness, ketosis). Whilst severe clinical symptoms of ruminal acidosis may be rare, it is estimated that 60% of high producing Dairy Cows suffer from Sub Acute Ruminal Acidosis or SARA, which can have a severe impact on animal performance health and performance.
While conventional buffers can have the ability to provide a very rapid neutralising effect on an acid load, this effect is often only for a limited period and they are unable to provide any long term stabilising effect on rumen pH. Vital Buf provides the required long term buffering action.
Vital Buf has been formulated to provide a combination of buffering agents that can rapidly neutralise any immediate acid load plus continue to combat acid produced during fermentation along with rumen modifiers that support long term rumen stability and microbial stimulation.
The key components of Vitalbuf work by:
- Rapid fast acting buffering agents limit the impact of incoming acid (e.g. Lactic Acid)
- Slower acting buffering agents whose release profile compliments the acid release from fermentable carbohydrates.
- Selected yeast components stimulate the removal of Lactic Acid from rumen liquor, thus reducing it’s impact on rumen pH
- Yeast components also stimulate the growth and activity of the fibre-digesting bacteria, thus helping to establish a stable rumen environment and stimulate feed intake.
- Prevents the fall in rumen pH in response to an increased acid load and thus maintain a stable rumen pH
- Promotes a stable rumen environment and microbial activity, which ultimately leads to an increased feed intake.
- Supports high levels of animal performance from rations and feeding systems that would normally be associated with a 'check' due to severe gut disturbance.
- Favours higher levels of milk constituents, particularly fat, when conditions would normally result in quality reductions due to reduced fibre digestion.
- Helps reduce the incidence of health problems such as, acidosis and lameness.
Feed at 100 – 150g/head/day
During period of excessive acid load or at the start of feeding it is recommended that Vital Buf should be fed at 200g/head/day and then adjusted down to the lower feed rates according to animal response.
Vital Buf should not be fed to intensively reared Lambs, Bull Calves or Bull Beef animals.
Packaging & Storage:
Packed in plastic bags in 20kg quantities
Store in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight
Inorganic mineral salts (Calcined Magnesite, Sodium Bicarbonate/carbonate, limestone) Acid Buf and concentrated yeast SC47.
Calcium 23.4%, Sodium 2.7%, Chloride 2.8%, Magnesium 13.8%
|For a no-obligation quote on Vital Buf, either:|
|Return our general enquiry form – and we will contact you
» click here
|Call us on Freephone 08000 833 616, or 01638 717866|
Dairy Direct email alerts
We will not bombard you with emails or pass your address to any other company
or Phone: 01638 717866
Fax: 01638 717152
Text: 07501 729461
Bury St. Edmunds
Reg no. 4773816
Accreditations & Awards
Click the relevant icon above for a printable version of Dairy Direct's Quality Assurance certificates.
Post us your Mineral Spec
Send us your mineral specification, which can be found on the bag label, and we will offer you a like-for-like quote.
We supply all herd sizes and our customer base covers the entire U.K.
It’s not just for cows you know - we cater for Dairy, Beef, Sheep and Goats.